Transfer to the University of Twente

Saxion University of Applied Sciences and the University of Twente (UT) cooperate in many different fields. They invest in good transfer possibilities in particular. You need to be able to continue your education without encountering unnecessary obstacles.

All Saxion curricula enable you to attend a minor. A minor is a unit of education  defined as 30 credits (30 ECTS). You can opt for a transfer minor. On the one hand this minor is part of the Saxion curriculum, created for the purpose, but on the other hand it is a building-stone of the programme that serves to transfer to a Master’s at the University of Twente. In this way, you can work towards admission to the Master’s of your choice already during your Bachelor’s. In a number of cases the transfer minor allows  admission to the Master’s, but it in certain cases  additional education may be needed.

Here you will find the transfer possibilities from Saxion to the University of Twente.

Admission criteria transfer minors

  • Sufficient knowledge of mathematics (VWO including mathematics )
  • Sufficient knowledge of the English language (IELTS score 6.0 or higher )
  • First year exam higher education study
  • 75 EC from the 2nd and 3rd year of the higher education study. From February 1st, 2014 you'll need all the EC from the first and second year of your Saxion study to be admissable to a transfer minor.
  • Positive advice from your higher education study (as a guideline you can take that you are amongst the 20% best students of your study

You can only apply for a transfer minor if you've got a minor in your education programme.

For Saxion students who do not meet the admission requirements the following possibilities remain:

  • To meet the admission criteria for mathematics, you can follow a  Saxion mathematics course. If you complete this course with a sufficient mark you meet the admission criterium for mathematics. For more information about this course you can send a mail to: Be aware that the courses are taught in Dutch.

Information transfer minor UT

You can find more information about transfer minors here.

Enrolment procedure transfer minors

  1. Discuss your transfer plans with your study advisor.
  2. Check if you meet all the admission criteria for the transfer minor and collect the necessary documents of evidence. These documents are:
    • An original explanation of paid tuition fees to Saxion (your can obtain this with the student administration)
    • A certificate of residence (you can obtain this through your municipality, a copy is also permitted)
    • Please also enclose a copy of the mathematics certificate if applicable.
  3. Let your study advisor sign the documents which proof that you meet the admission criteria (P/certificate, printout of study results main phase, etc.). Go to the transfer coördinator of your study (if he or she has not been appointed yet, an advice of your study advisor suffices).
  4. You can find the transfer minor enrolment form here. At the bottom of this page you will find the enrolment form (called Aanmeldingsformulier Doorstroomminor).
  5. Send your enrolment documents in time (meaning before August 1 or January 1) to:
    Universiteit Twente, CSA/AO
    P.O. Box 217
    7500 AE, Enschede
  6. CSA (the Central Student Administration of the UT) sends the form with the list of subjects for approval to the Bureau of Student Affairs of the master study in question.
  7. After several weeks CSA will send you a certificate of enrolment with a student number and an ICT account. For the remaining academic year you are a subsidiary student at the UT.